So by now, I hope many of you have seen the video of our debacle at the gym. Cause now it’s two day later and I still can’t feel my legs. Even though everything hurts and I missed sleep on Saturday (yes, my legs kept me up at night), I’m really happy to have done that session.
I used to be in really good shape…
Which makes not being in shape at all right now, so much worse. So to help me and the rest of you make our goals, here is my favorite recipe for Low(er) fat Butter Chicken. 800 calories per serving, 30 grams of fat, and 22 grams protein.
- 1 cup butter, divided (you don’t have to use this much butter, but this serves 10, so it’s not as bad as it seems)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups milk (or use 1 cup of cream and 2 cups of milk)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala (this and garam masala are found in the spice aisle)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook slowly until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat along with the tomato sauce, milk/cream, salt, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in caramelized onions.
- While the sauce is simmering, toss cubed chicken breast with vegetable oil until coated, then season with tandoori masala and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 12 minutes. Once done, add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
For the rice, bring 1/4 cup of basmati rice to a boil with a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper, tumeric and cinnamon. Then let simmer till all the water is absorbed. Serve and enjoy!